- 1 Learning And Practice English Punctuation Grammar Rules Part 1
- 1.1 Giver the following their correct punctuation, paying particular attention to the use of commas:
- 1.2 The writer of the following description of the wind used seventeen commas, where did he inserted them?
- 1.3 Posting terkait:
Giver the following their correct punctuation, paying particular attention to the use of commas:
- The harnessing of atomic energy should produce a super-abundant supply of the electrical power this should make it possible for every home to become all electric with cooker water heater central heating flat iron vacuum cleaner washing machine refrigerator and probably dozens of other labour-saving devices not yet invented.
- Kit was a shock-headed shambling awkward lad with an uncommonly wide mouth very red cheeks a turned up nose and certainly the most comical expression of face I ever saw.
- Rupert Broke loved white plates and cups clean-gleaming ringed with blue lines.
- A dust whom England bore shaped made aware gave once her flowers to love ways to roam a body of England’s breathing English air washed by the rivers blest by suns of home.
The writer of the following description of the wind used seventeen commas, where did he inserted them?
The winds rush fly swoop down dwindle away commence again; hover above whistle roar and smile; they are frenzied wanton unbridled or sink at ease upon the raging waves to……..and also Their howlings have a harmony of their own.
They make all the heavens sonorous so awesome. If seeing them they blow in the cloud as in a trumpet; they sing through the infinite space with the mingled tones of clarions horns bugles and trumpets-a sort of promethean fanfare. Such was the ancients music of pan.
Their harmonies are terrible. They have a colossal joy in the darkness. They drive and disperse great ships. Night and day in all seasons from the topics to the poles there is no truce; sounding their fatal trumpet through the tangled thickets of the clouds and waves they pursue the grim chase of vessels in the distress.