www.sekolahbahasainggris.com- Materi ke 2 Idiom selanjutnya:
- To turn off: (To stop, terminate, or like extinguish)
Digunakan untuk memberhentikan sesuatu.
-Should them turn oven off?
-Icha Turn off the radio.
- Right away: (Immediately, atau at once, dan juga very soon)
Digunakan untuk mengekspresikan sangat cepat, atau sekali, dan juga tiba-tiba
-Adam says that dinner will be ready right away
-Could Budi come to my room right away?
- To pick up: (to take, -especially with our finger)
Digunakan untuk memetik sesuatu, menjemput
-Clara pick the Rose flower up in the garden
-Susi would have picked it up if she had noticed it
10.At once: (immediately, lalu bisa juga right away, atau very soon)
Digunakan untuk mengekspresikan sekali,tiba-tiba, dan sangat cepat
-Ronald asked her to come to his office at once.
-Sasya wants to send the telegram at once
- To get up: (to arise, to a standing position, to move from a lying)
Digunakan untuk mengekspresikan posisi berdiri
-My mom always get up at 5 a.m
-The patient in the room where I am is so weak so nurse is difficult to get him up
- At first: (In the first instance, atau bisa juga originally)
Digunakan untuk mengekspresikan “yang pertama”
-At first Johny thought it was Sely who was calling him
-At first English seemed so difficult for Gerald.
Exercises (Latihan Soal Idiom Bahasa Inggris)
Find the best idiom to replace the italicized word.
1.Angela arises at 7 a.m every morning
(Angela……… at 7 a.m every morning)
- Doni telephoned Rini last night
(Doni………….Rini last night)
3.Oktavianita said that she was going to message me immediately.
(Oktavianita said that she was going to message me…………….)
4.Don’t forget to make sure to extinguish the radio’s light.
(Don’t forget to make sure to…….. the radio’s light
- Gerald placed on his coat
(Gerald ……… on his coat)
6.Rere, Remove your coat and sit down here.
(Rere, ……. your coat and sit down here.)
- Originally Dede thought it was Duck which sounds “kwek..kwekk”
(……….Dede thought it was Duck which sounds “kwek..kwekk”)
- Ninuk boarded the Bus at 19th street
(Ninuk ……….the Bus at 19th street)
- The subway was so crowded at 9 a.m , so we had difficult in leaving
(The subway was so crowded at 9 a.m , so we had difficult in…..)
- Mumtaz took with his finger the pencil on the table
(Mumtaz ……………. the pencil on the table)
Semoga Bermanfaat para pembaca SBI!!!